About Our Parish

Stay Tuned!

Soon the five chapters of "A Brief History of Our Lady of Fatima Parish," researched and written by parishioner Alice Sapienza, will be posted here. 

Our History

Our Lady of Fatima Parish was establised on September 15, 1955 by Richard Cardinal Cushing, Archbishop of Boston.  At the time there were about 800 Catholics in the town. Father Robert H. Hurley was appointed as the founding pastor.  Up until this time Catholics in Sudbury atteded Mass at the parishes of Saint Ann Wayland, Saint Bridget Maynard, and Saint George Saxonville.  It was a challenge to develop a unified parish in those early days amongst parishioners who attended three different churches.  Ground breaking ceremonies for the Church were held on January 22, 1956.  The cornerstone laying and first Mass was celebrated in the CHurch on December 15, 1956.  By this time over 400 Catholic families lived in the parish.  Many of the original founding parishioners still reside in the parish and attend Sunday Mass.  Our Lady of Fatima consists of 1500 registered families.

Pastors:

Rev. Robert H. Hurley 1955-1965

Rev. Joseph F. Gough 1965-1978

Rev. John E. Hartigan 1978-1987

Rev. James D. Foley 1987-1994

Rev. Michael J. Bova Conti 1994-2011

Rev. Richard M. Erikson 2012 - present (Click here for Fr. Erickson's biography)

 

Our Parish

About Our Parish

Deeply committed to Jesus Christ, we endeavor to become a unified community of faith, worship, and service. We strive to be a warm, welcoming and caring parish in which the gifts and talents of all, young and old, are recognized and graciously used to nourish others.


Catholics Come Home Catholic TV